Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose…. Oh, hi! I’m just getting in the mood for the holidays! Do you know what always puts me in the mood this time of year? Martinis! Yes, that’s right. Martinis.
Here’s a recipe for the Mayflower Martini. It’s easy & tasty.
• 1 tsp. Vermouth
• 1 part gin
• 2 parts white cranberry juice
1. Add 1 tsp. Vermouth to martini glass. Swirl to coat. Pour out excess.
2. Add ice to martini shaker.
3. Pour 1 part gin and 2 parts white cranberry juice into shaker.
4. With cap in place, shake the shaker.
5. Remove tip of shaker. Pour/strain cocktail into martini glass.
This recipe comes from Sandra Lee of the Food Network. She makes meals that are “almost” homemade. Her Thanksgiving menu really caught my eye a few years back. Let’s see if I can find the link and add. Ah, here it is! Semi-Homemade Thanksgiving. Wait! Even for semi-homemade, that looks like a lot of work. You know who really nailed down a fast Thanksgiving dinner? Rachel Ray. Seriously. Here’s a link to her recipes for Thanksgiving in 60 [minutes]. You’re welcome.
• Can I make you a martini? I promise I won’t spill your cranberry juice.
• Have you tried any of Sandra or Rachel’s recipes?
• What is on your Thanksgiving menu?